CODE OF CONDUCT
At Naitingel we require that all our employees and independent contractors (Providers/ Helpers) to conduct themselves according to the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and behaviour when dealing with our members, colleagues, and other stakeholders. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, full compliance with all legal obligations imposed by statute or any other source of law.
This Code establishes the standards of behaviour that must be met by all employees and contractors. Where these standards are not met, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken. In cases where the breach involves serious misconduct, this may result in summary dismissal or inability to use of platform to provide services. In cases where a breach of the policy involves a breach of any law, then the relevant government authorities or the police may be notiﬁed.
The purpose of this policy is to make it clear what the Naitingel employees and independent contractors are required to be familiar with and comply with the terms of this policy at all times. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action, including potentially termination of employment or services.
In so far as this policy imposes any obligations on Naitingel, those obligations are not contractual and do not give rise to any contractual rights. To the extent that this policy describes beneﬁts and entitlements for employees and helpers, they are discretionary in nature and are also not intended to be contractual. They set the terms and conditions of employment that are intended to be contractual out in an employee’s written employment contract.
Naitingel may unilaterally introduce, vary, remove or replace this policy at any time.
Naitingel’s purpose is to provide streamlined in-home and community care services within communities across Australia.
We achieve our purpose by:
- Offering an online platform that seamlessly connects service provider/helpers with those that require support and care in a community setting.
- Providing technological tools for helpers to operate effectively and efficiently.
- Working with great people (our partners) – both internally and externally.
- Aiming for continuous improvement of our day to day processes.
Our Naitingel “Compassion for Life”
At the heart of everything that we do, we have a set of guiding principles that sets the culture for our team, how we work and how we want to work with our members, helpers, customers, partners and stakeholders.
STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
Our Code of Conduct policy applies to all employees, independent contractors and those who participate in the Naitingel network of activities. It provides the framework of principles for conducting business, dealing with: each other, members and partners. The Code of Conduct does not replace legislation and if any part of it is in conflict, then legislation takes precedence. The standards expected of employees and independent contractors include:
Honesty and Integrity
- Act and maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism
- At all times, behave in a way that upholds the Naitingel’s core values and the integrity and good reputation of the Naitingel
- Compliance with all Naitingel and workplace policies, procedures, rules, regulations and contracts
- Compliance with all reasonable and lawful instructions given by or on behalf of the Naitingel
- Devotion of the employee’s entire time, attention and skill during normal working hours and at other times as reasonably necessary for the employee to perform their duties
- To be faithful and diligent, and actively pursue Naitingel’s best interests at all times
- To not make any false statements about the Naitingel on social media, or any other public platform, that may harm the Naitingel’s reputation
- To not, in connection with the employee’s employment, accept any ﬁnancial or other beneﬁt from any entity other than from Naitingel – unless acceptance of such beneﬁt is in accordance with the helper’s business or workplace policies or is otherwise disclosed to the Naitingel and expressly permitted by Naitingel
- Immediately disclosing any potential, perceived or actual conﬂict of interest (whether direct or indirect) that may give rise to a conﬂict with the performance of the employee’s obligations to the Naitingel, or the Naitingel’s business, conﬁdential information or reputational interests. Naitingel may direct employees and contractors to take action to eliminate or reduce any such conﬂict. Employees and contractors must comply with such directions
- Perform duties with skill, honesty, care and diligence: To be honest and fair in dealings with customers, members, co-workers, Naitingel management and the general public
- Abide by policies, procedures and lawful directions that relate to your interaction with Naitingel
- Avoid the perception that any business transaction may be influenced by offering or accepting gifts
- Under no circumstances may employees offer or accept money from clients or Members and their family
- To not make any statements to the media about Naitingel’s business, unless expressly authorised to do so by Naitingel (requests for media statements should be referred to Insert Media Position)
- Always seek consent from the member or the authorised person before making physical contact, providing treatment, care or support to an individual
Confidentiality and Privacy
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality and respect the privacy of others within the network that you engage
- To maintain both during employment and after termination of employment with the Naitingel, the conﬁdentiality of any conﬁdential information, records or other materials acquired during the course of employment
- Be responsible and scrupulous in the proper use of Naitingel’s information, technological tools, funds, equipment and facilities
- To not engage in conduct, whether during or after work hours, that in the opinion of the Naitingel causes damage or potential damage to the Naitingel’s property or reputation
- Be considerate and respectful of others, their environment and property
Fairness and Equality and Diversity
- Exercise fairness, equality, courtesy, consideration and sensitivity in dealing with others in our network
- Avoid apparent conflict of interests, promptly disclosing to a Naitingel senior management, any interest which may constitute a conflict of interest
- Promote the interests of Naitingel and the communities in which we interact
- Any person, who in good faith, raises a complaint or discloses an alleged breach of the Code, whilst following correct reporting procedures, will not be disadvantaged or prejudiced. All reports will be dealt with in a timely and confidential manner
- To not discriminate on the basis of personal characteristics including (but not limited to) sex, race, disability, pregnancy, age, marital status or sexual orientation
Health and Safety
To work in a safe and compliant manner, and to observe all workplace health and safety rules and responsibilities.
Drugs and alcohol
To not use, or come to work while aﬀected by use of prohibited drugs or alcohol
Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination
Refraining from any discriminatory, bullying or harassing behaviour towards customers, members, their families, third party agencies, partners, co-workers, Naitingel management, partners, Naitingel partners, stakeholders and the general public
- To dress in an appropriate manner and to ensure that appearance is presentable, clean, neat and tidy
- To ensure and maintain punctuality
Sexual harassment and misconduct
- To not use Naitingel internet to access and/or download sexually explicit material or other oﬀensive material
- To not use Naitingel email to send sexually explicit or suggestive material or remarks or other oﬀensive or harassing material
- Reporting any conduct of other workplace participants which is in breach of any of the above, or potentially in breach of any of the above, without delay
Naitingel expects co-operation from all employees, contractors and those in our network in conducting themselves in a professional, ethical and socially acceptable manner of the highest standards.
If someone engaged in conduct which is in breach of our values and policies in our Code of Conduct, we will:
- Ask you to stop the offending conduct.
- Take remedial action to restore your relationship if approach and necessary.
- If your offending conduct has caused harm to another person, or to our organisation, we will work with you on a way to repair that harm.
- If the offending conduct continues, we will terminate your involvement with Naitingel.
Should a person have doubts about any aspect of the Code of Conduct, they must seek clarification from the Directors of Naitingel.
Employees are encouraged to read this policy in conjunction with other relevant Naitingel policies, procedures and agreements